Our Seventh Annual Gala, “Hope for Heroes 2018,” Is Around The Corner!
Seventh Annual Gala, “Hope for Heroes 2018”, Keynote Speaker
Andrew King Needum
Photographer Shealah Craighead
As a Firefighter/Paramedic having the opportunity to serve, comes naturally to him; helping those who helped mold him into the man he is today, is where he feels called to serve. Andrew is now more locally known for his actions aboard Southwest Airlines Flight 1380, where he and his family were flying home from a vacation in New York City when the jet engine on the left side suffered catastrophic damage sending shrap metal into a window on the aircraft.
Challenge Coin Challenge
Become a $20 per month supporter and we will send you, as our gift, a commemorative and collectible 20th Anniversary Challenge Coin.
Issues First-Responders Face with Seeking Help:
- Behavioral health issues are rarely addressed at the workplace level.
- When workplace-counseling services are offered the number of visits is typically limited.
- They do not trust general counseling services, because “they have no idea what we are going through.”
- Fear of lack of confidentiality utilizing support from their agency.
We are here to help everyday heroes after they saved the day. We have experienced volunteers who have “worn the badge” and understand what our first responders are going through. Our services include free and confidential direct guidance, spiritual support, suicide prevention, one-on-one counseling sessions, group counseling sessions, marriage mediation and anything else required to support our heroes in their time of need.
- Direct Guidance
- Spiritual Support
- Suicide Prevention
- Group Counseling Sessions
- And More!