This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of ICISF’s Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support & Group Crisis Intervention courses.
Please look closely at the times for this class since they vary from other classes. Only those attending all hours of class will be issued certificates.
Participants will still utilize both workbooks and will receive a certificate of completion for both courses. The learning objectives remain the same as for each course.
This three-day course is 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day, 27 contact hours
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Relevant research findings
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Completion of “Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support” & “Group Crisis Intervention” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (27 Contact Hours) qualifies as two CORE classes in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
For more information, call 832.851.6450 or email ACIRT@emchap.org